We here at CaddyDigest are attempting the impossible, we are giving a go at listing the all time worst golf clubs ever created.
This list is ever-changing and we encourage you dear reader to post below any image links and or suggestions of specific golf clubs you think belong to this disgraceful list.
Yes, those crappy, overpriced, unhittable, gimmicky golf clubs which should forever receive dishonorable mention as the worst golf putter, the worst golf wood, the worst golf iron, the worst golf wedge, the worst golf driver, or the worst golf club ever designed.
A few points about our Worst Golf Club List:
- Most of the expert loopers used in researching this worst golf club ever list, grew up caddying in the 1990's.
- We tried to only consider name brand golf clubs, marketed and known to the masses. Off brand junk-u-lus golf clubs were excluded.
- OK, we're not the creators of the universe. We certainly missed a terrible golf club or two. Please share, comment, and link your most dishonorable mentions.
All right all ready, enough of this pre-listing cowardice. Let's look at some of the worst golf clubs ever created in descending order... from some of the worst, to the all time worst!
10. Worst Golf Club Ever - Bullet Hollow Point Driver
Erasing essential portions of customary standard equipment is a major tenant in terrible golf club design. Be on the lookout for Taylor Made's soon to be released Grip-less Utility Wood and Scotty Cameron's Sweet Spotless Putter.
9. Worst Golf Club Ever - Odyssey 3 Ball Putter
Nothing subconsciously programs the three jack hack better than 3 mystifying white spheres floating through the green galaxies far far away. Star Trek's own Voyager has nothing on the swaths of distance this piece of crap putter has induced golf chops to cover.
8. Worst Golf Club Ever - Yonex Graphite Driver
It has been over 20 years since the launch of the Yonex ADX Driver. At the time, this golf club was considered to be extremely oversized. To this very day, lefty Michelson aside, no other man has hit a golf ball solidly using it.
7. Worst Golf Club Ever - Callaway Ely Would
Callaway's jake attempt at riding the extreme success of their "Heaven Wood". The act got stale on the "Divine Nine" and officially became played out when the company disgraced the founder's name by placing it on the "Ely Would".
This debacle was also the beginning of the end for women's golf bags carrying a 6, 5, 4, or 3 iron.
6. Worst Golf Club Ever - Cobra Baffler Blade Irons
One word's suffice for these pieces of golf design trash -> Unhittable
5. Worst Golf Club Ever - The Hammer Driver
We'll let Jack Hamm, and his cheesy voiceover pal, yell and scream on their own behalves.
4. Worst Golf Club Ever - Nike Slingshot Irons
If you think Tiger Woods uses Nike golf irons, you are wrong. He rocks Miura designed irons. Nike simply subcontracts the aforementioned Japanese design and then slaps their sweatshop swoosh on 'em. Doing so helps Nike continually pawn the image that Tiger actually plays the garbage slave shop irons they themselves create.
The end results are always the same: Slick commercials. Sponsored, highly visible players donning terrible Nike gear. Sprinkle in a few public relations lies... and the tard necktar products produced get gobbled up by the clueless golf masses.
3. Worst Golf Club Ever - Cobra Tricep Putter
If you ever had to lug around one of these wide load 20 pound 3 putt telephone poles - well you know that too, even in golf, King Cobras can be life threatening dangers.
2. Worst Golf Club Ever - The Alien Wedge
This other worldly club was supposedly created to help clueless chops get out of dry heavy sanded bunkers. Futuristically designed, this club can produce sound barrier breaking, laser-like skull shots from any tight fairway or bunker lie.
One final note. The golf club's original designer, Pat Simmons, is rumored to be a shapeshifting reptilian. Stand clear of his path:
1. Worst Golf Club Ever - Cleveland VAS Irons 792
The loopers of CaddyDigest unanimously decided, the Cleveland VAS 792 Iron is by all accounts, the worst gold club ever made.
- WHAT?! YOU GOT A DIFFERENT TAKE?
- By all means... leave us your comments, links, and suggestions below.
- What DO YOU THINK is the worst golf club ever made?